Drum Sampler Kit
The Modal CRAFTrhythm is an 8 track drum sampler kit with a 16 step sequencer which can be assembled (without need to solder) in less than 10 minutes. The CRAFTrhythm can store up to 64 16bit mono samples with a sample rate of 44.1kHz and using the CRAFTapp users can upload their own sounds. Each track features a mixer, sample select, a tune control with 3 pitch modes, low pass resonant filter and 3 envelopes for amplitude, filter and pitch. 16 preset patterns can be stored on CRAFTrhythm with up to 16 part pattern chaining along with 8 kits that recalls track parameters.
- 8 track drum/percussion sampler kit with a 16 step sequencer, requires no soldering or electronics skills, tools or knowledge
- Can store up to 64 16-bit mono samples with a sample rate of 44.1kHz, and using the CraftApp users can upload their own samples
- Mixer stage per track with level and pan controls
- Low-pass resonant filter per track with a dedicated Attack-Hold-Decay envelope
- Amplitude Attack-Hold-Decay envelope per track
- Tune control with 3 different pitch modes – SPEED, STRETCH and SHIFT
- SPEED alters the pitch by playing the sample faster or slower
- STRETCH selects the number of steps the sample will be stretched to fit into, allowing for tempo matching for looped samples
- SHIFT activates a pitch shifting algorithm that maintains the same sample length along with a dedicated Attack-Hold-Decay envelope, which works well with samples containing melodic content
- 16 recallable patterns with up to 16 part pattern chaining
- 8 recallable kits that store the per track parameters for sonic changes on the fly
- Global tempo and tap tempo with a step division for semi-quavers, quavers and quarter notes
- Pattern groove control that up to half way increases the swing/shuffle amount and then provides 8 preset grooves that allow for triplets and other non-conventional rhythms
- Live input mode that allows steps to be played in while the sequencer is running
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Headphone and line output
- Powered by USB Mini-B or optional AAA battery pack (Adafruit 727, 3 x AAA pack)
Eight track drum sampler DIY kit
The CRAFTrhythm Drum Sampler comes disassembled, and can be built within 10 minutes (without the need for solder). This is the ideal introduction to the synth-building world, giving you a taste of setting up your own piece of kit. Building it requires no previous knowledge or special tools, the parts will slot into one another for a quick and easy build.
Once built, the CRAFTrhythm offers eight tracks of drum/percussion sampling, it also features a dedicated 16-step sequencer. The drum sampler provides the ability to store up to 64 16-bit mono samples, with sample rates ranging up to 44.1 kHz. You can also incorporate your own samples using the CraftApp for added versatility.
Integrated 16-step sequencer and versatile controls
The built-in 16-step sequencer allows you to create patterns, rhythms and percussive sequences on the fly. The sequencer is ideal for creating drum loops and experimenting with sequenced sounds – also making it ideal for live performances. Every track of the drum sampler also features a low-pass resonant filter, as well as a dedicated Attack-Hold-Decay envelope.
The filter per track design allows you to get in-depth when it comes to manipulating your sounds. There are also amplitude envelopes on every track, allowing you to differentiate the volume levels between differing sounds such as hi-hats and snares. Each track also features tune control with three varying pitch modes including: Speed, Stretch and Shift.
Incorporate your own samples
As well as being able to store your own mono samples, the CRAFTrhythm gives you the ability you to save and recall up to eight kits, with per-track parameters allowing you to store sonic changes. The kit comes with a range of pre-installed sounds and kits, taken from previous Modal units. The premium-grade sounds are ideal for creating a range of styles and sounds of percussion. The sampler also features global tempo and tap tempo functionality, with step division ranging from semi-quavers to quarter notes. One of the most unique features is the pattern groove control, which can be used to add swing/shuffle, providing you with eight preset grooves.
Lightweight design, versatile connectivity
The ultra-lightweight design and compact size, makes the Modal CRAFTrhythm ideal for live performances thanks to its portable design. It will fit easily into most backpacks and laptop bags and it can be used anywhere you go, thanks to the versatile power options. You can power the unit with a AAA battery pack (optional) or via USB Mini-B connectivity. It features a headphone and line output, meaning you can listen and play while using headphones, or take it to a bigger stage with the line output. The sampler provides class-compliant MIDI via the USB connection, allowing you to host a computer, tablet or smartphone.
“…the Rhythm is fun to mess about with and can inspire some nice, gritty little drum patterns. It exists in the same realm as Teenage Engineering’s Pocket Operator range, but with USB MIDI, a dedicated line-out and the app compatibility, it’s considerably more studio friendly.” – MusicRadar
Below is a download link for a 3D model of CRAFTrhythm in various formats to aid users if they wish to design their own case or accessories:
DOWNLOAD 3D MODEL
Factory Sample Bank
Below is a download link for the factory sample bank that is supplied with CRAFTrhythm:
DOWNLOAD FACTORY SAMPLE BANK